A few parents have asked about registration for Merit Badge Challenge. The paperwork provided is difficult to share electronically therefore I’ve created the troop a custom summary. Please read this entire message to ensure you have all the information needed.
Registration for Merit Badge Challenge begins on Monday. For those who are not familiar with Merit Badge Challenge I’ve provided an outline below. Here’s the process.
- Scouts choose three merit badges to complete at merit badge challenge. The attached pdf file shows the merit badge classes that will be offered along with the sessions.
- Scouts review their selection of three merit badge classes with their scoutmaster, Dan Weiss. This is a pre-requisite to registering online!
- Talk to him at the Wednesday meeting or
- Call him at 887-1990
- Via the link below parents register their scouts online. Note that you will pay by credit card. Total fees are $15.00 if registered by November 20th and $30.00 if registering between November 21st and December 11th. No late registrations are accepted.
- You may begin online registration on Monday assuming you contact your scoutmaster first. The web page isn’t yet available but is supposed to be accessible beginning Monday morning. You’ll find it at http://danbeard.org/advancement/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=8 or by accessing http://danbeard.org and navigating to Youth –> Advancement –> Merit Badge Program –> Merit Badge Challenge.
- You will need to indicate your unit contact. It’s your scoutmaster. Information needed:
- Unit Contact: Dan Weiss
- Address: 3651 Citation Drive. Hamilton, Ohio. 45011.
- Phone: 513-887-1990
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Begin your pre-work, ensuring it is completed prior to the merit badge challenge date (see below). Note that some merit badges require up to four months to complete!
- This is an excellent opportunity for scouts to earn up to 3 merit badges during January and February.
- Merit Badge challenge for the Ft. Hamilton District is held at Fairfield High School on Jan. 15th, Jan. 29th and Feb. 12th. The snow date, if needed, is Mar. 26th.
- Start time is 8:15 on Jan. 15th and 8:30 for the other dates.
- Classes complete at 1:00 PM.
- Scouts attend Merit Badge Challenge in uniform!
- Parents provide transporation for their scout(s).
- The attached pdf file shows the merit badge classes that will be available.
- Restrictions (age, rank) will be enforced by the district.
- Scouts may register for ONE eagle-required merit badge if they are Scout, Tenderfoot or 2nd class. They may regiester for TWO eagle-required merit badges if they are 1st class or above. No exceptions.
- When registering, you will be asked to select alternate merit badges for each session. These alternates will be assigned if your 1st choice is not available.
- Pre-requisites are expected to be completed prior to the 1st day of class.
Questions? Let me know.