ATTENTION: ALL INTERESTED BOY SCOUTS
YOU ARE INVITED TO EARN YOUR DENTISTRY MERIT BADGE WITH DR. MORRIS AT OUR BLUE ASH OFFICE (9403 KENWOOD ROAD, SUITE D201, CINCINNATI, OH 45242) ON SATURDAY, MARCH 12, 2011, FROM 12:00 NOON UNTIL 2:15 P.M.
PLEASE EITHER CALL ONE OF OUR OFFICES ON 513-793-4770 OR 513-683-3900, E-MAIL US ON NEORTHO@CINCI.RR.COM OR SEE OUR FRONT DESK PERSONNEL TO SIGN UP
REQUIREMENTS ARE ATTACHED IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT:)
To: All Interested Boy Scouts
We are pleased to announce an opportunity to earn your dentistry merit badge. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Dr. Morris will make sure that every Boy Scout who attends this session will earn their dentistry merit badge providing they do their pre-work.
Pre-work consists of the following:
Do TWO of the following:
• Make a model tooth out of soap, clay, papier-mâché, or wax. Using a string and a large hand brush, show your troop or a school class proper toothbrushing and flossing procedures.
• Make a poster on the prevention of dental disease. Show the importance of good oral health.
• Collect at least five advertisements for different toothpastes. List the claims that each one makes. Tell about the accuracy of the advertisements.
• Write a feature story for your school newspaper on the proper care of teeth and gums.
• Make drawings and write about the progress of dental decay. Describe the types of dental filling and treatments a dentist can use to repair dental decay problems.
Do the following:
• Report on careers in dentistry. Tell about the different specialties of dentistry and briefly tell what each specialist does.
• Choose a field in dentistry that interests you and tell your counselor why it interests you. Describe the education required and the cost of the training, and tell what specific duties would be required of someone in this field.
Yours in scouting,
Northeast Orthodontic Specialists