THE POPCORN SALE WAS A BIG SUCCESS!
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the 2010 popcorn sale! The popcorn sales is our troop primary fundraising activity and funds we generate make our outdoor activities and high adventure trips possible. Thanks to everyone for all their hard work.
Popcorn 2010 – total amount sold was $17,355.11, a 27.44% increase from the previous year’s sale. We also collected $855 in military donations for popcorn to be sent to men and women serving our country.
WHERE DO I PICK UP POPCORN?
Take order popcorn pick up will be at my house on Saturday, Nov. 20, noon – 2 pm. All money for popcorn is due on Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010; cash or check(s) made payable to Troop 947.
Directions from Lord of Life Lutheran Church :
Turn left out of parking lot onto Tylersville Rd.
Right turn onto Lesourdesville/West Chester Rd.
Left turn on Hamilton-Mason Rd.
Right turn onto Walnut Creek Dr .
Right turn onto Providence Ridge Dr.; my house is the third one on the right after you cross High Saddle Ct. – 5223 Providence Ridge Dr.
WHEN DO WE SELL POPCORN?
Aug. 11, 2010 – Oct. 27, 2010
Wed., Aug. 11 Early Bird sales begin
Wed., Sept. 1 Early Bird order forms due. Please total the columns.
Wed., Sept. 29 Pick up Early Bird products at the beginning of the troop meeting, after announcements
October Show & Sells at Kroger and Pumpkin Fest. See sign up sheets at troop meetings.
Wed., Oct. 27 ‘Take Orders’ due – Don’t forget to choose your prize. Please copy your order form for your records before turning them into Mei Carpenter
Sat., Nov. 20 ‘Take Order’ sale product will be distributed to the Scouts. Directions for pick up at the Carpenter home from Lord of Life Church are given below.
Wed., Dec. 1 All money is due
WHY DO WE SELL POPCORN?
• To support the Boy Scout program – the popcorn sale is an identifiable fund raiser of the Boy Scout program
• To grow the Scout’s skills – allows Scout to set goals, polish sales skills, and exhibit leadership throughout entire process (order through delivery)
• To win prizes – Scouts can win prizes for achieving various levels of sales
• To raise money for the Boy Scout Council – 1/3 of the popcorn price goes to the council, allowing them to provide the Boy Scout program
• To raise money for Troop 947 – 1/6 of the popcorn price stays in our local troop to pay for troop expenses. Since the popcorn sale is the only fundraiser for the troop, we expect every Scout to participate.
• To raise money for the Scout – 1/6 of the popcorn price goes to the Scout in his own fund, which can be used for troop dues, camp fees, etc.
A full 2/3 of the price goes directly to the Scouting program! Only 1/3 of the price goes to Trails End, the popcorn supplier. This is a great moneymaker for the Scouts!