It’s Boy Scout Popcorn Time!
Aug. 13, 2012 – Oct. 26, 2012
Please read through this material. If you have any questions, see me, Mei Carpenter (Popcorn Kernel), at the troop meetings or e-mail email@example.com or call 737-1578.
WHY DO WE SELL POPCORN?
- To support the Boy Scout program – 1/3 of the popcorn price goes to the Council, allowing them to provide the Boy Scout program
- To grow the Scout’s skills – allows Scout to set goals, polish sales skills, and exhibit leadership throughout entire process (order through delivery)
- To earn prizes – Scouts can earn prizes for achieving various levels of sales
- To raise money for the Scout – troop expenses will be reflected in the monthly dues; Scouts can pay these dues using the commission that they earn for selling popcorn
$300 Bonus Council Reward
To qualify a Scout must sell at least $300 worth of product.
- Receive a Traveler Set – 4 x 30 binocular, multi-tool, carabineer, flashlight, pocket pouch
To qualify a Scout must sell at least $600 worth of product.
- Trails End will give each qualifying Scout a LEGO Creator Kit
- A voucher for one free ticket a Cincinnati Cyclones game on Jan. 25 or 26, 2013
$1,000 Bonus Council Reward
To qualify a Scout must sell at least $1,000 worth of product
- Qualify by October 15 to attend the Champion’s Celebration at Dave & Busters in Nov. 2012
- Qualify by the end of the popcorn sale to attend the UC Bearcats Sports Clinic in Feb. 2013. Spend a day with student-athletes from the University of Cincinnati Football, Volleyball, Soccer and Lacrosse teams. Scouts will participate in drills, receive a commemorative cap, and have time to get autographs from coaches and players.
Scouts selling $1,500 or more of popcorn will qualify for the following.
- Earn a 2012 Popcorn Sale T-shirt with the Scout’s name listed on the back; T-shirts will be distributed at the UC Bearcats Sports Clinic in Feb. 2013.
- From Trails End, choice of a $50 amazon.com or Walmart gift card
$2,000 Bonus Council Reward
Scouts selling $2,000 worth of product will qualify for the following.
- Entry into a drawing for a weekend getaway to Walt Disney World. Trip will include (4) family passes to the park and a (2) night stay at Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa. Package will also include (4) passes to the Atlanta Aquarium.
Military Product Donation Recognition
- Scouts selling $100 in military donations will receive a special patch from Trails End
- Scouts selling $250 in military donations will receive a $25 Camp Voucher redeemable toward any Dan Beard Council camping fee for summer
Mystery House Program – starts Aug. 31
A Scout who approaches one of the 24 selected homes and asks the homeowner to purchase some Trail’s End Popcorn will be awarded a prize on the spot. Prizes will include game tickets, gift cards, bicycles, and two houses will have a Sony Playstation PS Vita. Clues will be posted weekly on Fridays by 10 a.m. on Dan Beard Council Popcorn Sale 2012 Facebook page and www.danbeard.org/popcorn until all houses are located.
Online Selling Drawings
Create an account on www.trailsend.com and sell popcorn to two customers to enter three drawings to win a Kindle Fire.
OSU Tin Challenge
- The Scout from each district with the most OSU tins sold will receive a $40 gift card to Rave Motion Pictures
- The Scout from Dan Beard Council with the most OSU tins sold will earn a brand new Sony Playstation PS Vita with Wi/Fi/3G
Trail’s End Scholarship Program
Trail’s End will credit to a Participating Scout’s Scholarship account 6% of his retail sales made in a given Sale Period, up to a maximum credit of $1,000 per Sale Period. To initially qualify as a Participating Scout, an applicant must have sold a minimum of $2,500 in retail sales for a given Sale Period. For more details about this program go to www.trails-end.com
Troop 947 Prizes
- Each Scout who sells $400 or more of popcorn will receive a $25 amazon.com gift card
- Beginning Aug. 15, Scouts who bring to the troop meetings order forms showing that they have sold more popcorn since the previous week will be eligible to select a prize. This program will continue until the prizes are all gone.
- Pie an Adult Leader – a number of adult leaders in the troop have volunteered to get pies in the face delivered by Scouts who meet a certain level of popcorn sales (to be determined later). This pie activity will take place during the troop Christmas party in December.
HOW DO WE SELL POPCORN?
There are four ways to sell popcorn: Pre-Sale, Show & Sell , Take Order and Online Sales
This portion of the Popcorn Sale begins on Aug. 13. Use the take order forms for the Pre-Sale, and submit it on Wed., Aug. 29. You will get this popcorn in Sept. Please continue selling for the Take Order portion of the Popcorn Sale.
Show & Sell – September and October
- Sales will be held at Kroger and Bass Pro Shop. See sign-up sheets at troop meetings
- One scout/parent will need to coordinate with Mei Carpenter to pick up popcorn and sales materials before and after the show & sell.
- Money is due at time of sale
- Order forms are available at troop meetings
- Money is due at time of delivery. You can collect the money up front when the customer orders; this will make delivery much easier. Checks made payable to “Dan Beard Council”.
- Make sure you go out with an adult or buddy, wear your uniform, smile and be polite. Tell them your troop number and why you are selling popcorn. Realize that you are selling scouting as much as the popcorn itself.
- Trails-end.com is a way for Scouts to reach friends and family who live far away
- Scouts can send e-mails directly from the website to customers, whose online purchases will be credited to the Scout
- Orders are shipped directly to the customer
- Earn bonus rewards from Trails End by selling online
- The Online Sale is open all year long. Online sales from Aug. 1 – Nov. 5 will count toward the Popcorn Sale prize and rewards program.
Mon., Aug. 13 Pre-Sale begins
Wed., Aug. 29 Pre-Sale order forms are due. Please total the columns.
Sat., Sept. 22 Pick up Pre-Sale products at Carpenter residence, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Directions from Lord of Life Church are given below.
Wed., Oct. 24
- All money for Pre-Sale orders is due. Checks made payable to “Dan Beard Council”.
- Take Order forms are due – don’t forget to choose your prize. Please copy your order form for your records before turning them into Mei Carpenter
Sat., Nov. 17 Pick up Take Order Sale products at Carpenter residence, 9 am – 11 am
Wed., Nov. 28 All money for Take Order Sales is due. Checks made payable to “Dan Beard Council”.
WHERE DO I PICK UP POPCORN?
Pre-Sale and Take Order Sale popcorn to be picked up at Carpenter residence.
Directions from Lord of Life Lutheran Church:
Turn left out of parking lot onto Tylersville Rd.
Right turn onto Lesourdesville/West Chester Rd.
Left turn on Hamilton-Mason Rd.
Right turn onto Walnut Creek Dr.
Right turn onto Providence Ridge Dr.; my house is the third one on the right after you cross High Saddle Ct. – 5223 Providence Ridge Dr.