Campout Packing List
Please mark all items with your last name!
NO electronics (cell phone, I-pods, etc.)
The following is the minimum equipment/supplies needed for all camping trips:
1. Sleeping bag or bedroll, pillow if needed
2. Sleeping Pad (insulates & keeps you dry. Needs to be “closed cell” like Thermorest brand at Bass Pro.)
3. Container for water (canteen or insulated water bottle)
4. Extra socks. Also extra shoes if rainy weather is expected.
5. Clothing appropriate for the season. (Class A uniform for travel to and from camp and Class B uniform while at camp)
6. Poncho or raincoat
7. Garbage bag for dirty laundry
8. Bag to hold all gear (duffel bag or backpack, locker for week long trips)
9. Flashlight and extra batteries
10. Boy Scout Handbook
11. Personal supplies – soap, towel, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb
12. Medications (labeled with scout’s name, dose in Ziploc bag in original packaging with instructions)
Other items you find useful
___first aid kit______________
___camera___________________ _ __
___day pack for hiking _
___Money for snacks________________
The troop will provide plates, bowls, cups, forks, spoons, knifes for eating and tents that are normally shared between 2 or 3 scouts. On occasion, personal tents (where currently available) may be needed due to the size of the group going camping.
Chapter 9 of the Boy Scout Handbook provides advice on preparing for camping.